Rhinelander Bible Church has been meeting at James Williams Middle School for more than 25 years.
Jeff Weddle has been the pastor since February of 2000.
1) Authority of Scripture- We believe the 66 books of the Old and New Testament, in their original form, are
a) Inspiration- We believe that all Scripture is God-breathed and expresses His will, ways and truth. 2 Samuel 23:2; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:21
b) Inerrancy- We believe that because God breathed the words of Scripture and God is holy and unable to make error, His words are also inerrant. Daniel 9:13-14; 1 Peter 1:16; Matthew 5:17-19; John 17:17; Titus 1:2
c) Revelation- We believe in a dispensational view of Bible interpretation, which says that God’s revelation of His word, was a process, therefore, there were certain things hidden from some ages that are now revealed. 1 Corinthians 2:6-9; Ephesians 3:2-12; Colossians 1:25-27
2) The Triune God- We believe in one living and true God who exists in three persons, who are eternally distinct and yet equally unified, these being the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 3:16,17; John 10:30; 14:26; 15:26; Acts 5:3,4; Romans 1:20; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Galatians 4:6.
3) The person and work of Jesus Christ- We believe that Jesus Christ was, is and always will be God (John 1:1-3, 14; 10:30; Colossians 1:15-17), that He was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:34,35) and took on the form of man (Philippians 2:5-7; Hebrews 2:9,16) who was without sin (Romans 5:17-19; Hebrews 4:14,15), that His death on the cross, and resurrection accomplished our salvation from sin and its effects (Galatians 4:4,5; Hebrews 2:10-18), and that He now is our High Priest and mediator (1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 7:26,27) sitting at the right hand of God in heaven (Romans 8:34; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 10:12-14).
4) The person and work of the Holy Spirit- We believe that the Holy Spirit was sent from God to convict the world of sin (John 16:8-12), to indwell believers (Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 3:16), to baptize believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Galatians 3:27), and to seal believers until the day of redemption (2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13,14; 4:30). We believe that the Holy Spirit’s primary function in the life of the believer is to teach God’s truth, and we have a responsibility to be filled with this Spirit of Truth (John 14:26; 16: 13; Ephesians 5:15-18; 1 John 2:20-27).
5) The total depravity of man apart from God- We believe that God created man in His image, but fell (separated from God) because of the sin of Adam and without God is lost and spiritually dead with no hope of salvation available apart from Jesus Christ. Genesis 1:26,27; 3; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:9-20; Ephesians 2:1-3.
6) The position of the believer who is in Christ- We believe that the Christian is placed in the body of Christ and is counted as righteous, holy and perfect through the blood of Jesus Christ. Romans 5:18,19; 12:4,5; 1 Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 4:13; Colossians 1:21,22; 1 Peter 5:10.
a) Salvation is by grace through faith- We believe that salvation is a gift from God which cannot be earned, merited, deserved, bought, purchased, acquired, or in any other way procured other than as a gift from God through the blood of Jesus Christ. Romans 5:15-19; 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; 1 Peter 1:18,19.
b) Two Natures- We believe that believers, as long as they are on this earth, have two natures battling within- the flesh nature which is always sinful and corrupt, and the spiritual nature which is always holy and good. We believe that we have the ultimate victory over our flesh nature because it was crucified with Christ, but we realize that we will struggle with it until the day we die. John 3:6; Romans 6:6; 7:14-24; Galatians 5:16,17; Ephesians 4:22-24; Colossians 3:9,10; 1 John 3:5-9.
c) Eternal Security- We believe that once we are saved, we are always saved and this gives us hope, confidence and joy. John 6:37-40; 10:28,29; Romans 8:37-39; 1 Peter 1:3-5
7) The church and its function- We believe that all believers make up the Universal Church (Body of Christ) and the local church is created for the express purpose of edifying believers so that the Good News of Jesus Christ can be shared with the world. Romans 14:19; Ephesians 1:22,23; 4:11-13; 5:25-27; Colossians 1:18,24; 1 Thessalonians 5:11-13
a)Ambassadors of Christ- We believe that all Christians have a responsibility to spread God’s word and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are here to be His ambassadors. Romans 10:13-15; 2 Corinthians 5:20; 1 Timothy 4:16
b) Use of Gifts- We believe that each member of the Church has a responsibility to use those gifts which God has given us by His grace for the edification of the whole Church. We do not believe in the present exercise of the sign gifts (tongues, healing, etc.). Romans 12:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12; 13:8-13; Ephesians 4:8-13.
8) The second coming of Christ- We believe that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will come in the clouds to raise the dead and the living in Christ prior to His coming to earth again to reign for a 1,000 years and this resurrection occurs before the Tribulation. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 5:9; Titus 2:13; Revelation 3:10; 20:1-6
9) The eternal state of man- We believe that man has an eternal conscious existence either in Heaven- eternally blissful in God’s presence, or in Hell- eternally miserable separated from God. We do not believe in soul sleep or annihilation. Matthew 25: 41-46; John 5:28,29; 11:25,26; Philippians 1:23; 3:21; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:4-6, 11-15
10) The person and work of Satan- We believe Satan is a person who is opposed to God in every way, is the author of sin and the cause of the fall, but who was defeated by the work of Jesus Christ and will suffer eternally for his actions. Genesis 3:1-13; Job 1:6-12; Matthew 4:1-11; Colossians 2:14,15; Revelation 20:10.